One of the most popular questions I get asked about engagement sessions is “What should we wear?” So friends, I’m here to share some of my best fashion advice with you!
- Compliment each other. Try to chose clothes with similar textures and tones. A solid option is always neutrals or earthy tones. Do NOT go old school 90s and wear matching jeans and plain white shirts. Mix matching textures creates beautiful depth in photographs.
- Avoid large branding/logos. You want your photos to have a timeless feel. Seeing logos can be distracting from your pretty faces!
- Fitted can be more flattering. For gentlemen, fitted pants and a nice shirt have a classic feel that look very clean in images. For ladies, I personally find that outfits that are fitted in at least one spot – like skinny jeans and a flowy top or a dress that’s fitted on top and flowy at the bottom, look really nice in photos. If you want all tight or all flowy, that’s totally okay too!
- Accessorize. Add a little flair to your outfit. Select pieces that you feel work well with your outfit!
- Your ring! This might be an obvious one. But this is something sentimental between the two of you. My biggest piece of advice: don’t forget to clean your engagement ring!!!
At the end of the day, we want you to select outfits that show off your personality and style. We sometimes recommend bringing two outfits if you really can’t decide; maybe you have one that is casual and one that looks slightly more formal. While it’s not necessary, it can be nice for you to have options.
Here are some cute outfit ideas! If you’ve already booked with us, ask us about our engagement guide for more suggestions on outfits and locations.
For more information on wedding photography in Southern California or to get a quote, please visit our website at www.shyheartstudios.com or give us a call at 657-221-8882.